Simplicity Personified

After making the Can't-get-easier-than-this-Burgers I'm on a roll! In these winters, instead of spending time in the kitchen I'd rather spend time snuggled up in blankets. I am looking for something that's quick and easy to make and involves little to no effort! A brilliant meal at anytime of the day! 





Lets not forget the nourishment factor.

Also keep in mind the aesthetic appeal. You know my weakness for pretty food!

Did I mention how easy is it? 

Oh and its almost fat free! 

Are you with me yet? 

I'm talking about this simple- and I mean really really simple salad. It's embarrassing to even put it on here- that simple! 

Get your forks ready and lets go! 

Serves: 2

Time taken: 20 mins (including prep)

Complexity: * (Why are you surprised? I mentioned its simple!)

Also I don't have step by step pics because its so simple to make and also because I didn't have the patience when I was making it. Sorry.. 

You'll Need

Bunch of Lettuce leaves
Red, yellow and green capsicum, Sliced thinly
1 red onion, thinly sliced,
1 tomato (or some sun dried tomatoes if you have them available)
1 Cucumber, diced
2-3 chopped spring onions greens and all

For Grilled chicken

2 Chicken breasts, pounded thinly
Lemon zest and juice of 1 Lemon
1 tsp Oregano
1 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper

For Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tsp English or Dijon mustard
Salt and Pepper to season

Method

First wash and clean the Chicken breasts. Pound them evenly and flatten them out. Pierce them with a fork a couple times so that the marinade gets soaked in. Season with salt pepper, add the lemon juice, oregano, lemon zest and balsamic vinegar. Let it marinade till you chop your vegetables.

Cut the vegetables. Add or deduct as per your liking. Add your favourite veggies to suit your tastes better. Whatever is on hand does the trick! 

Grill the chicken breasts after letting them sit in the marinade for about 10 minutes. 3 minutes per side. Don't let the chicken dry out. 

MAJOR WARNING!!! Don't let the juices from the grilled chicken go to waste. Save them to add more flavour to the salad. 

For the dressing, just add the ingredients to a jar, and shake it all till it gets emulsified and creamy. Do a little shake, a small jig if you will...easy peasy! 



Shred the chicken breasts, assemble the vegetables, combine them all.



Pour the Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing and voila! Your salad is ready!!!! Did you think I'd forget my Pinch o' love? Dust some over it and trust me, everything tastes even better! Indulge! :) 












Comments

Popular Posts